Breaking News

Cristiano Ronaldo won UEFA Player of the Year award

Cristiano Ronaldo won the UEFA Player of the Year award for the third time in four years.


Barcelona player Lionel Messi and Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon were defeated by Ronaldo.


The Real Madrid star, 32, won the honor after helping his side win the Champions League in 2016-17 with 12 goals in the game.
In a beautiful campaign of Ronaldo, he saw 42 goals in all matches, while Madrid added a LaLiga title to defend his European crown.
"[My goal] is the same every year, the same challenge to win everything, if possible, with my club and the national team," said Ronaldo.
"As I said before, I am very happy to be here, it is an honor to win this trophy again, I also have to thank my teammates and congratulate them as well.
"For the national team, I know it's not a national trophy, but when I go home, I'm always motivated.
"I am also blessed with the followers of Real Madrid, I am very happy for all those who helped me to win this trophy, thank you all."
The prize announced in Nyon on Thursday in the draw of the Champions League will add to the victories of the Portuguese international in 2014 and 2016.
Messi won twice in 2011 and 2015, with Andres Iniesta and Franck Ribery, the other players who have won the distinction since 2010.
He replaced the football player of the year, who once won Ronaldo and Messi.
The ceremony was also marked by the victory of the best goalkeeper of Buffon, Sergio Ramos is the best defender of the season, the best midfielder Luka Modric and Ronaldo receiving the award.

2 comments:

  1. This is really wonderful article this article has really impressed me through its wonderful writing. So thanks for sharing such a awesome article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading this article only one words came out from my mind that is wow. So thanks for sharing such a awesome article.

    ReplyDelete