Breaking News

Iniesta: "The World Cup will be my last international move"

Iniesta: "The World Cup will be my last international move"

The Barcelona midfielder gave the clear indication that he will retire his from internnational football next summer.
Andres Iniesta said he will probably retire from international football after the World Cup next year in Russia after a brilliant career at La Roja.

Barcelona midfielder Iniesta, 33, signed for the first time a "lifetime contract" with the Catalan giants.
However, after some paved-season wounds, he hopes to be fit in 2018 to solve a great international career.
In addition to winning the winning goals in the 2010 final in extra time against the Netherlands, Iniesta Spain helped in 2008 and 2012 to win a consecutive championship.

"I am realistic, there are many chances that this world championship will be my last event with the national team," Iniesta told Barcelona on Friday.
Iniesta: "At this moment, I still feel like a footballer"
I am aware of the moment, the age and everything that contributes, but we will see how things evolve.

"There are still many months left for the World Cup, and I hope everything goes well for me in Russia."
Iniesta declined to exclude the club level at the end of the season by signing his new contract last week.
And he insisted that the idea of ​​the life contract is to give him and the club the freedom to decide when it is time to end his career as a player.

"The idea of ​​the contract is to evaluate each season how I can perform or what I can still do as a player," added Iniesta.
"Right now, I still feel like a footballer and I do not have a vision of what I want to be in a few years."

No comments